Thursday, July 31, 2014

FInal 5B: Greenfoot Lettuce and Snake

 This is my rockin Final 5b: Greenfoot Lettuce and Snake. I had to sit through a tutorial and had to follow the instructions on how to program a game myself. There were many steps in creating this game, where turtles eat lettuce and snakes try to eat the turtle. It is a final exercise from the Immersive Education course that I am taking at Boston College. The course is called Discovering Computer Graphics. For details, visit the immersive BC portal http://ImmersiveEducation.org/@/bc  


check my game out y'all






So in this final  I was tasked with adding lettuce for the turtles to eat first. I did so by adding a sub-class and then choosing a title (lettuce) and an image of lettuce. Once that was complete it was easy to drag and drop the lettuce. 





Also learned a handy trick, you right click on the world, click "save the world" and everything you placed in your world reappears, instead of having to add again once you reset or compile. 


 I then chose an new animal, as instructed it was a snake, following the same advice as for the lettuce. 






Here I wanted to have the snake move in the similar fashion as my turtle. So I was easily able to copy the commands of the turtle, and paste them into the snake's commands. 





I then manipulated the actions by changing what the snake sees and does from eating lettuce like the turtle, to eating the fricking turtles!!!





Again I right clicked on the world to "save the world" and was able to share and publish my final version of my game. 






TA DA!!!!!!
 



 


No comments:

Post a Comment